Disputes are an unfortunate but natural part of personal and business life. Someone owes you money. Someone is disrupting your business. Someone has breached an agreement. Or someone has a problem with you.
Disputes come in all sizes and forms. And they are a drain on your business, resources, time and money.
At TEJ LAW, we get to the root of your dispute quickly. We identify your rights and liabilities, your objectives and potential resolutions. Disputes can be resolved with a tailored strategy, common sense and proper application of the law to the facts. Litigation is not a game is a last resort. No lawyer’s letters for the sake of it.
But if necessary, we will expertly help you litigate through any court too. We have done this for some of the biggest commercial and sports names in Australia. TEJ LAW has also established relationships with close law firms and litigation funders in Adelaide and Sydney for larger litigation.
we have acted for:
- National fashion retailer in building defects dispute (Supreme Court, SA, 2017)
- Director and shareholder in company shareholder oppression dispute (SA, 2017)
- National furniture retailer in commercial leasing dispute (District Court, SA, 2017)
- Director of listed energy company in $60m shareholder class action (regarding alleged breaches of disclosure provisions in Corporations Act and director’s duties) (Federal Court, NSW, 2016);
- Listed company in $6m misleading and deceptive conduct claim arising from business acquisition (Supreme Court, NSW, 2016);
- National political party on constitutional implied freedom of political communication (regarding election signs and council by-laws), advising on process for endorsement of Senate ticket for Federal election and advising on issues concerning NSW Electoral Commission and funding and general branch disputes (NSW, 2012 - 2016);
- International energy drink company in urgent injunctive proceedings concerning competing sponsorship of a V8 Supercar driver (Supreme Court, NSW, 2015);
- Listed telco company in District Court proceedings regarding supply and logistics (District Court, NSW, 2014)
- Listed mining company in High Court proceedings concerning the interpretation of a litigation funding agreement as a financial service (High Court, ACT, 2012)